Friday, October 8, 2010

Dave Hunter & Ron Donovan's Black Dynamite Poster

As I've mentioned in a previous post, Black Dynamite is one of my all-time favorite films. So I was happy to discover this poster, created by California-based artists Dave Hunter and Ron Donovan for the Red Vic Movie House in San Francisco. This was a limited run of 100 prints; I've read that "Black Dynamite" himself Michael Jai White and director Scott Sanders were given their own copies when they appeared at the Red Vic's special showing of the film.

Anyway, this is now one of the coolest things I own. I'm a big fan of blacklight posters (part of me is still a kid living in the 1970s), and this print is "blacklight tested and approved." In fact I broke out my own light and snapped a photo on my crappy digital camera of how this baby looks under a blacklight:

It goes without saying that the poster looks better in person. The colors are dynamic and really pop. Under the blacklight they swirl even more, and Black Dynamite's eyes become inky pools of fury. Dave Hunter still has a few copies left at his website, where he also has some photos of the print's creation process.

Fight Smack In The Orphanage!

No comments: